Activities and Events
Activities and Events
Below is a list of CWLI activities that support the mission and goals of the organization. If you are a CWLI member and are interested in joining one of our committees, please click the following link to see a full list of committee descriptions and to sign up. 2016 CWLI Committee Sign Up
An address to the Chattanooga community by a nationally-recognized woman leader. Past speakers include former Canadian Prime Minster Kim Campbell; Cherokee Chief Wilma Mankiller; activist Gloria Steinem; FDIC Chair Shelia Bair; Stacy Allison, the first American woman to summit Mt. Everest and Dr. Mae Jemison, the first African-American woman in space.
- 2015 Speaker Susan Packard
- 2014 Speaker Connie Chung – 2014 IMPACT Leadership Dinner Details
- 2013 Speaker Dr. Mae Jemison – Annual Leadership Address to the Community – Press Release
Dr. Mae Jemison A-List Interview
- 2012 Speaker Stacy Allison – Annual Leadership Address to the Community
Leadership Luncheon Series
A quarterly luncheon series featuring female community business, civic and political leaders presenting information relating to business and leadership. Topics discussed are timely, wide-ranging and provocative.
- Why Women Matter: Because We RUN (campaigns, businesses, homes, nonprofits, etc.) – April 25, 2014
- Why Women Matter: Leading with Presence – June 25, 2014
- Building Your Network – October 1, 2014
- CWLI 15th Anniversary Celebration – December 13, 2013
- Why Women Matter: Leading with a Healthy Mind, Body & Spirit – October 9, 2013
- Why Women Matter: A Collective Voice for THRIVE 2055 – June 28, 2013
- Why Women Matter: Colorful Communication – May 3, 2013
- Why Women Matter: Balancing Life, Work and Leadership – December 7, 2012
- Why Women Matter: Thriving in Chaos & Complexity – October 10, 2012
- Why Women Matter: Influencing the Political Process – June 8, 2012
- Why Women Matter: Securing Our Community – April 13, 2012
Women Know Finance Series
A multi-part series of lunch and learn seminars that provide women the financial know-how to grow as leaders in the boardroom, in their professional lives and in their personal lives.
- Finance in the Boardroom – held each year in the Spring
- Financial Empowerment – held each year in the Fall
Leadership Studies Series (members only)
A members-only program using leadership books and articles to promote discussion and learning.
Regular informal opportunities to network with women leaders engaging settings around Chattanooga. Some networking events are members-only, however most are open to members and their guests. If you would like more information, please email email@example.com for more information.
An eight-part program designed to help develop mentoring skills in emerging women leaders so they may mentor and provide leadership for other women. For more information refer to the Women Mentoring Women Page.
October 13 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
October 14 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Women Impacting Policy Blog
"One thing that I have struggled with is when you are "in charge," it is very difficult to have friendships with people in the workplace, as at some point it seems you always need to reprimand, counsel or otherwise tick off someone whom you viewed as a "friend." For me, the organization offers the opportunity to meet other women who offer the possibility of friendship or "aquaintanceship" that is not in the realm of the workplace. Love the brain power, enthusiasm, forthrightness, and work ethic of those whom I have encountered in my short term with CWLI."— –Betsy McCright, Chattanooga Housing Authority
"I have always loved being around powerful women because it just makes me feel good. Whenever I come out of a CWLI meeting I always feel empowered myself and proud to be a professional woman!!"— -Christy Viens, LBMC