Join the more than 650 women who actively participate in the Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute! By participating in CWLI’s programs, training, and networking opportunities, you will be joining a diverse group of women seeking to bring about change, broaden perspectives and develop strong women leaders. The vision for a sustainable Chattanooga is the reflection of strong leaders, building a network for the future.
- 2017 Speaker Randi Zuckerberg
- 2016 Speaker Mika Brzezinski
- 2015 Speaker Susan Packard
- 2014 Speaker Connie Chung – 2014 IMPACT Leadership Dinner Details
- 2013 Speaker Dr. Mae Jemison – Annual Leadership Address to the Community – Press Release
Dr. Mae Jemison A-List Interview
- 2012 Speaker Stacy Allison – Annual Leadership Address to the Community
Developing Women to Serve as Role Models for Other Women
Launched in 2008, the Women Mentoring Women program is offered annually by the Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute. The program is designed for women who share a passion for advancing other women. During this professional development series, participants will develop skills enabling them to mentor and develop other women in the community or in their place of business.
Participants meet bi-weekly and have the privilege of hearing presentations from a variety of the most prominent women leaders in Chattanooga today.
Class size is limited to 20 each year. Tuition is $450* per person, which includes a one-year regular membership in CWLI. While there is an application process, membership in CWLI is not a requirement for participation.
Special thanks to Chambliss, Bahner, and Stophel for hosting our 2017 WMW Series and LBMC for sponsoring!Learn More
WMW Alumnae Networking
Are you a graduate of the WMW program? We would love to keep in touch!
Join us for our quarterly networking gatherings to catch up with classmates and learn about mentoring opportunities. Upcoming networking events are scheduled for April 14, July 14, and December 8 (2017 graduation). Please register on our events page!
Personal Financial Empowerment
Women Know: Financial Empowerment is a series developed by the Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute to provide women with the tools to better understand their current personal financial situation and to develop a financial plan for the future.
With different presenters for each session, this program is designed to be informative, engaging and interactive. Attendees will be encouraged to ask questions and have the opportunity to follow up discussions started in the sessions with the presenters.
- Understanding Your Financial Statement, Tools to Budget, and Building Your Net Worth (AKA: A Man is not a Plan)
- What Have I Signed On To? Liability & Legal Considerations
- Simplifying Healthcare Coverage
- Growing your Nest Egg for the Next Chapter
- How To Be Your Own Superhero: Insurance & Estate Planning Tips
- Control Your Finances, Your Life, and Yourself: Suddenly Single and Moving On
Held monthly beginning October, 2017.
Finance in the Boardroom
Women Know: Finance in the Boardroom is a series developed by the Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute (CWLI) with the purpose of increasing the financial savvy of women serving on Boards of Directors. Topics covered over the course of two half-day sessions include:
- Reading and interpreting a financial statement
- “No Money, No Mission” – The importance of the integration of finance and strategic planning
- “So, Now You’re on the Board” – Roles and responsibilities of the not-for-profit board member
- Fundraising on the board
- Panel discussion on board leadership and fundraising
Developed by Carol Newton, former CFO of Memorial Health Care System and current Director of Acute Pace of Care for Catholic Health Initiatives; and Stefanie Crowe, Director of Wealth, Knowledge & Happiness at Stone Bridge Asset Management, this two-day educational series is presented in an engaging and interactive style. Additional community leaders will serve as presenters and panelists.
2017 DATES: Friday, September 1st from 8:30AM to noon and Friday, September 15th from 9AM to noon.
LOCATION: Center for Nonprofits
COST: Each day is $50 for CWLI members, $75 for non-members. Participants can register for one day or both.
Registration is available on our events page !
The purpose of the Women Impacting Policy Committee is to enhance our members’ understanding of the importance of being civically engaged, both individually and within a group.
Members of CWLI can engage in the WIP Committee at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most recently, the WIP Committee finalized a civic engagement workshop series called Women Know Policy, “Civic Engagement: From Understanding to Action”, that will cover the full range of civic engagement from voting to running for office. The series runs from August 29 to November 7, 2017. Learn more and register on our Events page.
The Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute offers quarterly luncheons that feature community, business, civic, and political leaders presenting information related to business and leadership. Topics are timely, wide-ranging and provocative. Attendees frequently leave feeling enlightened and inspired.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Part One – March 17, 11:30 to 1:00
- Diversity and Inclusion: Part Tw0 – June 2, 11:30 to 1
- Leadership Best Practices – September 6, 11:30 to 1
- Knowing Your Value – April 22, 2016
- Growing Your Value Through Civic Engagment – June 17, 2016
- Women, Money, and Influence- September 20, 2016
- Are You Doing What You Love? -November 29, 2016
- MENtors: Men Who Promote Women – June 5, 2015
- Are Your Doing What Your Love? – September 8, 2015
- Resilience – December 11, 2015
- Why Women Matter: Because We RUN (campaigns, businesses, homes, nonprofits, etc.) – April 25, 2014
- Why Women Matter: Leading with Presence – June 25, 2014
- Building Your Network – October 1, 2014
- CWLI 15th Anniversary Celebration – December 13, 2013
- Why Women Matter: Leading with a Healthy Mind, Body & Spirit – October 9, 2013
- Why Women Matter: A Collective Voice for THRIVE 2055 – June 28, 2013
- Why Women Matter: Colorful Communication – May 3, 2013
- Why Women Matter: Balancing Life, Work and Leadership – December 7, 2012
- Why Women Matter: Thriving in Chaos & Complexity – October 10, 2012
- Why Women Matter: Influencing the Political Process – June 8, 2012
- Why Women Matter: Securing Our Community – April 13, 2012
Networking includes regular informal opportunities to network with women leaders in engaging settings around Chattanooga.